1. Remember – 100% SAFE - 100% of the TIME – No Exceptions
2. Ear and Eye Protection is Mandatory – shooters, coaches, parents, spectators, trapper and scorers.
3. The action on your shotgun is always open unless in the shooting stand muzzle is pointed downrange , loaded and ready to fire.
4. Always control the muzzle of the shotgun and have it pointing in a safe direction at all times.
5. The finger is never on the trigger until you are in the shooting stand; muzzle is pointed down range and ready to fire.
6. Never load more than 2 shells at any time.
7. Auto-loaders should be carried with muzzle pointed up, action open and exposed to all other shooters.
8. Over and under or break action shotguns should be carried with action open, resting on the shooting shoulder with the muzzle pointing toward the ground and the barrels held firmly with the hand from the same side.
9. Factory ammunition and legal loads are mandatory at all SCDNR Events.
10. If you have a shotgun or ammunition malfunction your coach is required to take control of the shotgun, ask you to step out of the shooting box and clear the gun safe after 30 seconds.
11. A poor attitude displayed by a shooter on the field WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!
12. Everyone at the event is responsible for safety. If you see an unsafe condition or a safety violation make a coach aware, notify a range official or make the correction immediately. There are no other choices… SAFETY is everyone’s responsibility!